Lots and lots of social dancing! Including:
- Friday Night social dancing + late night blues
- Saturday night social dancing + ever later late night blues
- Sunday evening social dancing
- Two confirmed live music acts and more to come!
- Jack & Jill competition
Lindy Hop Tracks
Each level will receive up to four hours of tuition per day: that’s two hours of Lindy hop as well as two hours of tasters from a choice of three different options (see below!).
- Level 3 will be taught by Trisha & Ben, and Robyn & Moritz
- Level 2 will be taught by Trisha & Ben, and Robyn & Moritz
- Level 1 will be taught by Helen & Al, and Jenn & Michael
The Solo Track will be taught entirely by Kibble and will include up to three hours per day. This includes an hour of exclusive ‘Solo Track’ tuition as well as the Solo classes that are available to the Lindy hop tracks as tasters. Please note that dancers in the Solo Track cannot take part in the Lindy Hop Tracks or the non-solo taster classes.
We will have a number of fantastic tasters for you to choose from – more info coming soon!
Locations: Our class venues in 2016 will be the East Oxford Community Centre (44 Prices Street, OX4 1DD) and the East Oxford Primary School (Union St, Oxford OX4 1JP) which are within 3min walking distance of each other.
The Friday night & Saturday night social will be located at the Oxford Deaf and Hard of Hearing Centre, located in the centre of town on the corner of Littlegate Street and Albion Place (St Ebbes, OX1 1RL). This venue will have a bar, therefore please don’t bring your own booze.
The weekend will conclude with a chilled-out Sunday evening dance in the louge of the East Oxford Community Centre. They will also open to bar for us, so grab a drink & enjoy the last few dances of the weekend and perhaps a soul train?!