Come and enjoy lots of dancing!
After you have registered, and nearer to the event, we will send you the full detailed schedule. But so you know the treats in store, we can let you know that your ticket for the 2015 Oxford Swing Festival gives you the following goodies…
Lots and lots of social dancing! Including:
- Friday Night social dancing
- Saturday night social dancing
- Sunday evening social dancing
- Three live bands
- Two competitions
Lindy Hop Tracks
Each level will receive up to four hours of tuition per day: that’s two hours of Lindy hop as well as two hours of tasters from a choice of three different options (see below!).
- Level 3 will be taught by Cam & Cat, and Ben & Ash
- Level 2 will be taught by Cam & Cat, and Ben & Ash
- Level 1 will be taught by Helen & Al, and Vivien & Phillipa
The Solo Track will be taught entirely by Nancy and will include up to three hours per day. This includes an hour of exclusive ‘Solo Track’ tuition as well as the Solo classes that are available to the Lindy hop tracks as tasters. Please note that dancers in the Solo Track cannot take part in the Lindy Hop Tracks or the non-solo jazz taster classes.
We have a number of fantastic tasters for you to choose from:
- Solo Jazz with Nancy
- Collegiate Shag with Peter Ayres
- Balboa with Patricia & Ghislain
- Blues with Vivien & Phillipa
- Mind and Body with Phillipa
Locations: our class venues are situated in the East Oxford Community Centre (OX4 1HU, in Cowley), and the Oxford Deaf and Hard of Hearing Centre (“Deaf Centre”), located on the corner of Littlegate Street and Albion Place, St Ebbes, Oxford, OX1 1RL (in the centre of town). The classes start at a time that allow you to have recovered from the night before! The Friday and Saturday night socials will be located in the Oxford Deaf Centre; the Sunday Night social will be held in the James Street Tavern, off Cowley Road (OX4 1EU).